FM-200 Fire Suppression System
|In response to the impending production phase-out of Halon fire extinguishing, Kidde Fire Protection can offer the GX20 System using FM-200® (Heptafluoropropane), manufactured by Great Lakes Chemical Corporation, as a replacement for Halon 1301 in applications requiring a clean, environmentally acceptable fire extinguishing agent, suitable for use in manned areas.|
- Heptafluoropropane is the scientific name of FM-200® and chemical formula is C3F7H.
- Clean, colourless, odourless gas containing only carbon, hydrogen and fluorine.
- A zero ozone-depletion potential, non-corrosive and electrically non-conductive agent causes no damage to sensitive equipment.
- Safety to personnel for occupied areas.
Fast and Effective
- FM-200 works by physical action, the molecules absorb heat so that the temperature of the flame falls to a point below which it cannot propagate, and the fire is extinguished shortly.
- Fast and effective against a wide range of Class A, B and electrical fires.
Safety to Personel
- FM-200 ® is certified non toxic, not harmful to humans.
- Since FM-200 contains no chlorine or bromine and does not possess the properties associated with the compounds thought to damage stratospheric ozone it has an ozone depletion potential of zero.
- Electrically non-conductive agent causes no damage to sensitive equipment.
- The amount of FM-200 need to put out the fire with only 6.25% to 9% by environment’s volume.
- FM-200 is stored as a liquid in nitrogen-pressured containers at 25 bar, leading to minimal storage requirements, saving cost of equipment.
- Due to no chemical reaction with the normal materials FM-200 should be no destruction or damage to equipment in the fire area with no post-discharge residue, saving costs for t clean-up after fire.
FM-200 system is ideally suited to the protection of high value assets from both loss by fire damage and the accompanying catastrophic plant down-time. Applications include:
- Computer suites
- Telecommunications facilities
- Internet Service Providers, Control rooms
- Railway signaling centre, Air traffic control centre
- Heritage sites - art galleries and museums
- Medical and laboratory equipment
- Petrochemical plant
- Offshore oil and gas installations
- Pipeline pumping stations